Everybody loves Nutella! This image from the internet very aptly describes why we all love it so much!
However, after reading so many articles about it containing MSG (monosodium glutamate), toxic GMOs, etc. I got skeptical about using it. But giving up Nutella was impossible, so replicating it at home seemed to be the PERFECT solution!!!
This recipe is vegan, easy to make and tastes equally heavenly! It’s slightly coarse hearty texture gives that homemade touch to it 🙂
- Toasted and skinned Hazelnuts – 2 cups
- Confectionary/fine granulated sugar – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – 6 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1tsp
- Salt – 1 pinch
Blend the nuts until its oil starts releasing and a loose, smooth paste is formed.
Add all the other ingredients and blend until everything is mixed well.
Voilà! Enjoy every bite of this Heaven on your taste buds with NO COMPROMISES!
- I used readily roasted hazelnuts so only had peel the skin off. But if you buy raw hazelnuts, you have toast them first. For roasting, spread the nuts on a baking sheet and toast at 375 F for 12-15 mins rotating the sheet now and then. The skin goes from pale to caramel brown.Be careful with the nuts from burning. On cooling, remove the skin.
- This toasting/roasting step enhances the flavor.
- The skin will give a bitter taste to the spread.
- Oil gives the paste the glossy and spreadable consistency. Add it a bit more if you haven’t got the desired consistency. I used Coconut oil but you can also substitute it with Canola/ Vegetable oil too. I prefer coconut oil though.
- Store the spread in an air-tight container.
- Can be refrigerated up to 1 month.