Dates are wonderful natural sweetener, loaded with nutritional value. And when in the form of syrup, they can easily be incorporated in any kind of recipe.
Believe me, once you have this homemade dates syrup handy , you can drastically cut down the use of the processed sugar in your kitchen! Add it to your cereal or smoothies, spread it on your toast, waffles, pancakes or crepes or substitute it for sugar while baking !!!
- 15-20 pitted dated
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- Wash and then soak the dates in warm water. The soaking time varies from 30 mins to 2 hrs, depending on how soft the dates are and how powerful your blender is.
- Add all the ingredients in the blender including the soaked water and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to an air tight container and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
Enjoy each and every spoon of this natural caramelly syrup in your day to day diet! 🙂
- To cut out the soaking time, you could boil the dates in hot water for 15-20 mins and then puree it on cooling.
- You could also strain the syrup from the pulp using a cheesecloth and then boil the syrup until you get honey like consistency. But I wouldn’t opt for it, as this way you loose all the fiber content of the pulp. Also the yield becomes considerably low.